Helper & Family Cooking – Basic Japanese
On 21st of April, The Government of Singapore announced that the Circuit Breaker period is extended until 1st of June. With that, we have planned an online cooking class for families with/without helpers/children stuck in home getting bored, to provide fun time and freshen up their monotonous days through cooking.
I hope you all have fun with this lesson as one of the indoor activities during this stay-home period.
In this class, you will learn Foundation of Traditional Japanese Cooking such as how to cook Japanese rice and brewing Dashi broth, which is so essential for Japanese cooking. Dashi broth is simple broth made from kelp and bonito etc., and you can use it for almost all the other Japanese dishes. This class is perfect for beginners with a little bit of knowledge.
The instructor is a Singaporean culinary researcher, Sonia Phua (INSTAGRAM: whisk_management), who has taught a wide range of Japanese cooking; from home cooking, party cooking, baking, desserts to Japanese confectionery at one of the biggest Japanese cooking schools for over 4 years. As she is also familiar in Japanese culture, she can teach Japanese ingredients, particular flavors, and presentation in an easy-to-understand way.
This class will be conducted Live Online using Zoom, and it is designed for everyone to cook together. (No zoom account is required) You may join the lesson as an observer; however, it is highly recommended to participate in a live as “live cooking” experience during this hard-to-connect period is definitely more fun. Anyone is welcome including small children and those who do not employ helpers.
You can enjoy the dishes you cook at this lesson as lunch afterwards.
*&H operates all the cooking classes in accordance with the latest measures and regulations issued by the Singapore government.
Click here for the last class
- Date: 2nd of May (Saturday) 10:30am-12:00pm [duration 90min]
- Language: English
- Fee: SGD15
- Minimum: 8 participants
- Payment: Bank Transfer / PayNow
- Bank Transfer:
Account name: SWEE KNOT PTE. LTD.
Bank: DBS Bank Limited
Account No.: 048-908014-0
Bank Address: 22 Malacca St, #01-00 RB Capital Building, Singapore 048980
Branch Name: DBS Raffles Place Branch
1. Input Unique Entity Number (UEN) “201504445K”
2. Entity Name should be “SWEE KNOT PTE. LTD.”
3. Set a payment of SGD15
4. “Enter your name on “Reference”
- Bank Transfer:
- Saba Shioyaki (Mackerel)
- Ichiban Dashi
- Miso soup
- Onigiri (Rice ball)
· How to cook rice
· Tuna Mayonnaise
1. Fill out the application form below.
2. Arrange payment of SGD15 via Bank Transfer / PayNow.
3. You will then be invited to a private WhatsApp group. Recipe and the list of ingredients will be shared via WhatsApp before the lesson.
4. Buy all the listed ingredients and be prepared for that day. (Please let us know if you have difficulties finding them. We can show you alternatives)
5. Link for the Zoom meeting will be shared via WhatsApp. (No zoom account is required)
6. Make sure to be prepared with all the listed ingredients and equipment at least 10 minutes before the class starts, and wait for the lesson to start.
7. Have fun!
- Cancellation Policy:
- In case of cancellation, please notify us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that a 100% cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel within 24 hours of the start date/time.
- The minimum number of participants is 8. The lesson may be postponed/cancelled if it does not meet the minimum at least 24 hours prior to the date/time.
- We do not accept any cancellation nor changes via WhatsApp group. If you want to make changes or cancellation, please reach us via email at email@example.com
- You can leave a WhatsApp group at any time. If you don’t need it, please leave by yourself without informing us.
- Please refrain from contacting the instructor personally.
- If you are unable to attend the class with your own reasons, no refund will be made.
- Please do not use/share screenshots of the lesson, any photos or videos shared in the WhatsApp group without permission.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions.
- It is prohibited to use this site for advertising activities or offensive to public order and morals.
- We are not responsible for any accidents or injuries that occur during the lesson, or food poisoning after the lesson. Please take care of your hygiene and try to avoid any injuries.
- &H (SWEE KNOT PTE LTD) reserves the right to reject or expel a member from participation if:
- If you provide false information
- In order to improve the service of &H, we may ask you to cooperate with a survey.
- The Company will not provide personal information of participants to third parties without their consent, except as required by law. Please refer to our website for more information on how we handle privacy information in the services we provide:
コメント ( 0 )