Helper & Family Cooking – Basic Japanese Tonkatsu, Daigaku imo & Cucumber Shoyu zuke
・Small Pot & cooking oil ・Wooden chopsticks ・Frying pan with Lid ・Bowl or Tray (3pcs) ・Turner or Spatula ・Rice cooker ・Glass Jar ・Sieve
・Rice (dry) ・Egg ・Flour (Plain or Cake) ・Bread crumbs ・Pork Loin ・Cabbage ・Tonkatsu Sauce (Japanese-Style Barbecue Sauce)・Mayonnaise ・Sweet potato (purple skin) ・Cooking Oil ・Honey ・Sesame Seed for Garnish ・Japanese Cucumber ・Soy Sauce ・Rice Vinegar ・Sugar ・Ginger
On 21st of April, The Government of Singapore announced that the Circuit Breaker period is extended until 1st of June. With that, we have planned an online cooking class for families with/without helpers/children stuck in home getting bored, to provide fun time and freshen up their monotonous days through cooking. I hope you all have fun with this lesson as one of the indoor activities during this stay-home period.
In this class, you will learn the Foundation of Traditional Japanese Cooking; Tonkatsu, Daigaku imo and Cucumber Shoyu zuke. Tonkatsu is one of Japanese popular dishes for all ages that consists of deep-fried pork cutlet with bread crumbs. Daigaku imo is candied sweet potatoes, the combination of crispy skin and buttery tender bites are kids’ favorite in Japan. Cucumber Shoyu zuke is pickled cucumber; it is so versatile that goes well with any main dish.
This class is perfect for beginners with a little bit of knowledge. Even kids can enjoy the cooking with minimum help.
The instructor is a Singaporean culinary researcher, Sonia Phua (INSTAGRAM: whisk_management), who has taught a wide range of Japanese cooking; from home cooking, party cooking, baking, desserts to Japanese confectionery at one of the biggest Japanese cooking schools for over 4 years. As she is also familiar in Japanese culture, she can teach Japanese ingredients, particular flavors, and presentation in an easy-to-understand way.
This class will be conducted Live Online using Zoom, and it is designed for everyone to cook together. (No zoom account is required) You may join the lesson as an observer; however, it is highly recommended to participate in a live as “live cooking” experience during this hard-to-connect period is definitely more fun. Anyone is welcome including small children and those who do not employ helpers.
You can enjoy the dishes you cook at this lesson as lunch afterwards.
*&H operates all the cooking classes in accordance with the latest measures and regulations issued by the Singapore government.
- Date: 30th of May (Saturday) 10:00am-11:30pm [duration 90min]
- Language: English
- Fee: SGD15
*Fee may vary based on the participants. If it hits the minimum, it will be SGD15 flat, if not, the fee will be divided by the number of participants. (example: $120 divided by 4 = $30)
- Minimum: 8 participants
- Payment: Bank Transfer / PayNow
- Bank Transfer:
Account name: SWEE KNOT PTE. LTD.
Bank: DBS Bank Limited
Account No.: 048-908014-0
Bank Address: 22 Malacca St, #01-00 RB Capital Building, Singapore 048980
Branch Name: DBS Raffles Place Branch
1. Input Unique Entity Number (UEN) “201504445K”
2. Entity Name should be “SWEE KNOT PTE. LTD.”
3. Set a payment amount
4. “Enter your name on “Reference”
- Bank Transfer:
- Tonkatsu [ Deep Fried Pork with bread crumbs ]
- Daigaku Imo [ Japanese Candied Sweet Potatoes ]
- Cucumber Shoyu zuke [ Pickled Cucumber with Soy sauce ]
1. Fill out the application form below.
2. Arrange payment via Bank Transfer / PayNow.
3. You will then be invited to a private WhatsApp group. Recipe and the list of ingredients will be shared via WhatsApp before the lesson.
4. Buy all the listed ingredients and be prepared for that day. (Please let us know if you have difficulties finding them. We can show you alternatives)
5. Link for the Zoom meeting will be shared via WhatsApp. (No zoom account is required)
6. Make sure to be prepared with all the listed ingredients and equipment at least 10 minutes before the class starts, and wait for the lesson to start.
7. Have fun!
- Cancellation Policy:
- In case of cancellation, please notify us as soon as possible at email@example.com.
- Please note that a 100% cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel within 24 hours of the start date/time.
- The minimum number of participants is 8. The lesson may be postponed/cancelled if it does not meet the minimum at least 24 hours prior to the date/time.
- We do not accept any cancellation nor changes via WhatsApp group. If you want to make changes or cancellation, please reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have not been invited to WhatsApp group within 2 days of your payment, please notify us at email@example.com.
- If your helper is the one joins the WhatsApp group, please make sure to check whether her phone number has been added to the group.
- You can leave a WhatsApp group at any time. If you don’t need it, please leave by yourself without informing us.
- Please refrain from contacting the instructor personally.
- If you are unable to attend the class with your own reasons, no refund will be made.
- Please do not use/share screenshots of the lesson, any photos or videos shared in the WhatsApp group without permission.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions.
- It is prohibited to use this site for advertising activities or offensive to public order and morals.
- We are not responsible for any accidents or injuries that occur during the lesson, or food poisoning after the lesson. Please take care of your hygiene and try to avoid any injuries.
- &H (SWEE KNOT PTE LTD) reserves the right to reject or expel a member from participation if:
- If you provide false information
- In order to improve the service of &H, we may ask you to cooperate with a survey.
- The Company will not provide personal information of participants to third parties without their consent, except as required by law. Please refer to our website for more information on how we handle privacy information in the services we provide:https://andh-singapore.com/privacy-policy/
コメント ( 0 )